The Mont-Blanc 80KM race has become legendary in the Chamonix Mont-Blanc Valley. With its 82km and 6000 meters of vertical, it has been recognized as one of the most technical trail races in France. The 80KM race is difficult but it is also one of the most beautiful!
Mont-Blanc 80KM: 82km, 6000m vertical
The course for the Mont-Blanc 80km race has taken a more remote and technical route.
The course runners dream of! The trails cross through an entire valley, over summits, south side trails, then the north side trails, allowing them to discover the panorama of the Mont-Blanc range and the magnificent grandeur of the Aiguilles Rouges....a unique spectacle!
Race bibs distribution
To get their bibs on the 80km runners will have to show their race bag with all their mandatory equipment to be checked. It will also allow the organisation to put a chronometric chip. No bib will be given to runners who don't have their equipment controlled. No bib will be given less than 30 minutes before the race start.
Mandatory equipment :
- A reserve of at least 1 litre of water
- Waterproof and windproof jacket with hood (gore tex type) adapted to its size
- Clothing hot second layer long sleeve adapted to its size.
- Survival blanket (140cm x 200cm)
- Working mobile phone. It must work and have a subscruption adapted to the countries (France and Switzerland)
- Headlamp with spare batteriesHeadlamp with spare batteries
- Personnal cup
- ID card
Recommended material depending weather conditions :